Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why am I Gluten-Free?

A few weeks ago my husband, J C Thomas, Jr. went to his doctor about
a pain he was having.  The doctor concluded that it was inflammation.  She
told him he would have to live with it.  He was determined to NOT live with it.  When he left the doctor's office and saw me, he told me what happened and asked me to do some research.  I am the Research Department, (which I enjoy).

My findings showed that gluten can cause inflammation and it usually takes
doctor's a long time to diagnose what is called celiac disease.  Also soy is
not as good for us as once thought.

So I decided to get off gluten.  Cold-turkey so to speak.  I decided to do this because my knees had been hurting for maybe a year maybe more.  I did not know what to do, but I was willing to go gluten-free to see what would happen.  Also I was having slow, weight loss.  After a few days, I was walking down a steep hill on our way to the track where we walk, and I noticed that my knees were pain free.  I told J C.  He was glad and celebrated the discovery with me.  About 3 weeks have passed and I still have no pain.

I have started the road to a life that is gluten-free.  It is fun making new finds!  Eating right and hunting for foods that are good for my body is a lifelong adventure.  I have found a pancake mix and also I have created a recipe for my own pancakes, make with rice flour. I continue to search on blogs also for information and products I may want to use.

I will be sharing some of these things on this blog Glenda Gone Gluten-Free!

Enjoy the Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment